Friday, December 4, 2009

Ecliptic Times: Vol III, Issue I

Ecliptic Times:
The Life, Times, and Happenings of the Sophomores of MHS
Vol II,I Issue I
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's back.

Contributors (Awesome People)
Thanks to Darryl Darkeye, the weekly rant contributor.

Paper News. News that you can use.
I messed up, guys. I sincerely admit that I did, and it was entirely my fault.
Now that that's out of the way, I think this issue will be pretty cool. The addition of three (3!) new features is sure to excite people, as one of the features is the long awaited AP World Study Guide! *Cheers* So without further ado, welcome back to the Ecliptic Times for the start of a new volume!

School Life
Only 10 more days until Winter Break guys. Hang in there!
Grats to all the Meyer people who don't have that annoying mole project hanging over them anymore. My computer room still smells like Orbit Gum. That was such a...
ANYWAYZ... This just in! Reported amounts of people have been complaining of and lack or sleep and feelings of tiredness! Could this have anything to do with anything else? Our lead reporter, me, says it probably has something to do with the cafeteria food. You can't trust the system... mannn.
This just in for real!! My mom just came up and told me that there is a cold front coming up from Canada, and Sunday night or Monday morning there is a possibility of SNOW ON THE HILLS. Like seriously, what is up with that? It has never snowed in Milpitas, like, ever, according to my knowledge. While hardly snowball fight material,

Bragger's Box
-------------------------------------------------------------------
As no one ever tells me their scores, I will continue to brag about my mediocre ones. Will edit if people tell me they got better scores.
89.55% on P-cal quiz. Ha.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Contests
The contest from Volume II didn't really work out that well, so I have a new one. At the end of every issue, I have a non sequitor quote or saying. Your job is to tell me where its from. Whoever racks up the most points by being the first to post the answer will win the five dollars.

Distractions. Links for the procrastinators.
Just one today. But I'll make it count.

Story Time
Chapter One, part 4
Suddenly, a shadow leaped out at him! It hit him in the head, then whirled around and struck his back. He turned to face it, and saw... Nothing. Wait... what was that? Jaroa stared. What had seemed like nothing was really something big. Something black. Something deadly. A giant spider was looming over him. But that was impossible. He was certain there were no spiders that big. It was then he remembered he was an ant. He started to turn back into a human, but the spider was lunging, hungry for its next meal! It was coming right at him; he couldn't change in time. All seemed lost... when a foot came from the sky and crushed the spider. His transformation now complete, he looked up to see who had saved him. And gasped.

Best Quote Heard on Campus
I dunno. And by the way, that other quote was Ms. Tseng.

Rants and Raves
First new feature! This week's rant: Soccer
Sometimes, I really hate the JV team. I go through all this effort, spend crazy amounts of time at practice, then sit on the bench for the WHOLE GAME?! I did not waste this time to become a bench warmer, I can tell you that. I talked to coach about it, and he said I needed more speed and wasn't really "the right match for the game." I can understand that, but what's the point of taking me if I'm just going to be useless. While I'm on soccer, I might as well bring up Thursday's game. I got a whole 10 minutes of playing time, even though I was marking my mand and getting open and stuff. The goalie even accidentally PASSED ME THE BALL and there was a wide open net in front of me. I kicked it over. Actually, I'm beginning to see why I don't play. But I won't quit... I'll stay with it, through thick and thin, and hopefully do at least ONE GOOD PLAY. Geez.
- Darryl Darkeye

Interview
HEY GUYS!
I am going to put interviews here, but I need your help. Should I just interview a random student? A teacher? Schlaff himself?! Let me know what you think! First interview next Ish.

AP World Study Guide
Hm. I never got a study guide for this chapter. Never fear though, I will have something up soon. Until then, please go here for your help.

All coming next issue!

Closing Thoughts
Get some sleep! And man, this took a while. Hope you guys like it! If not, let me know, cause i'm not exactly sure what you wanted in the new features. Sorry about the study guide though. I know a lot of you were looking forward to it. :/ See you later!

fin

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.
Need: band, song, and album.

6 comments:

  1. The Killers 「All These Things That I've Done」from album "All These Things That I've Done"

    ReplyDelete
  2. ""All These Things That I've Done" is a song performed by The Killers, and written by lead vocalist Brandon Flowers. The song appears on their debut album Hot Fuss. It was released as the third single in 2005 in the United Kingdom and as the fourth single in the United States. The single peaked at 74 on the Billboard Hot 100 and at 18 in the UK Singles Chart."

    rite? from wikipedia:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes for Joseph. One point.
    For next week's, no exact wording will be allowed. Paraphrase, guys!
    Just so it doesn't only take a [ctrl-c] [ctrl-v]
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I did it from memory so I am fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dang it. that means i'll have to UNDERSTAND what i copied and pasted:(

    ReplyDelete