Friday, January 15, 2010

Volume IV, Issue I

Ecliptic Times:
The Life, Times, and Happenings of the Sophomores of MHS
Volume IV, Issue I
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back in action

Contributors (Awesome People)
Can I just take this feature out?

Paper News. News that you can use.
Hee hee... updating every day. You didn't think I actually meant that, did you? I'll try for once a week, and that's all I'll promise.

School Life
Now that finals are FINALly over, we can all have a bit of a break. Remember to pick up your schedule on the Tuesday back if you have any class changes. I don't even know if we have to do that, actually. Maybe Schlaff said something about it? Anyway...
No school on Monday. You all know anyone, but just reminding you.
I feel kinda bad about posting this, but just in case the people I talked to forgot...
673 Hamilton Ave, 12-6 on Sunday.
If you know what I'm talking about you know what I'm talking about. If you don't please ignore it.

Bragger's Box (Me!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
89.47% AP World Final
92.14% Span III Final
94% Chem Final
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Contests
Everyone is tied. Whoever gets this one Wins!
Also, reposting this in case you didn't see it or forgot.
  • With only one person, all money goes to him.
  • With two people, the money is divided evenly without anyone getting more. For example, if Jim and Joe both have the same number of points in the 5$ contest, they'd both get 2$ with 1$ left over.
  • With three people, follow the same rules for two people. If Jim, Joe, and Jake all have the same number of points, they'd each get 1$ with 2$ left over.
  • All left over money from a contest goes into the next contest's pool. So if a bunch of people tie, the next contest would be really big!
Anyway, keep those guidelines in mind so your not all "OMG I WON WEARS MY 5$ OMGOMGOMG" or whatever you people do in those situations.

Distractions. Links for the procrastinators.
I'm actually posting something seriously today, so pay attention.

Short Story Contest

You can read the full PDF there if you're interested, but basically.....

Milpitas Arts is having a contest for new writers. Write a short story, less than 2000 words, enter it online, and potentially win 1000$. I plan on writing my story this weekend, but I just thought I'd let the people who read this know about it. This is the real deal here guys. Also, I'll post my story when I finish it. Stories are due by Feb. 1st. If you're entering, good luck, and if you're not, wish me luck!

Story Time
Chapter One, part 5
"Jaroa. Jaroa, can you hear me?"
...What?
"Jaroa...wake up! Hurry, Jaroa!"
...Who was calling him?
"Jaroa... it's here! There's no time!"
He opened his eyes. Everything was fuzzy. "D-Danny?"
A quick slap from his sister cleared his vision.
"It's DanielaRGH!"
"Danielargh? What are you talking about, sis? Sis?"
But Daniela was gone. Jaroa took a moment to see what was around him. He was a a corridor made of metal. Behind him it stretched into a fork, and in front... his sister and two others were fighting for their lives. What's going on? he thought. Then, as he watched, head still pounding, a spike impaled one of the humans. "Phyl!" shouted the other, and with blind fury charged the beast. But to no avail. The man was sent reeling backwards with a smack from a silvery, iridescent fist and hit the wall, blood already oozing from his skull.
"Run, Jaroa!" Daniela yelled to him. Jaroa, filled with terror, didn't second guess his sister. But something about the glimpse of the creature had seemed odd. He turned to get a better look... and was shoved roughly by his sister. "Keep going!" she cried. "There's no way we can beat her!"
Her? Jaroa wondered. "Go! And don't look back!"
They ran.

Best Quotes Heard on Campus
"We're in the future of the past"
"366 Rattlesnakes"
"PLAY EPIC BATTLE!"
"Sylaam Parity"
"Thanh = math Jesus" (Yes, Thanh Tran)
"I'll see you in Istanbul!" (Spoken to Ms. Bielski)
All of these, by the way, are by me.

Rants and Raves
This week's rant: Grades by me!
For the first time in my life, I have gotten a B+ in school. Grrrrr, you're probably thinking, I always get B's and stuff. But for me, you have to understand, this came as a shock. I grew accustomed to easy classes, and became sure I could just breeze my way through the course. Reality check much? I probably failed/D'd five tests at the beginning of the year, at least. "No big deal" I thought. I'll bounce back. But guess what? I DIDN'T. The only way I see it, this is totally my fault. BUT...... what I can do is work harder, study more, and read the chapter one more time. I'm not happy with myself for failing, but it just means I have to work harder now. This is also a message for those who may feel the same way I do; put the work in, get good grades, and the one who will feel the best is you.
- E-Hero

Interview
None this week . Working on one for next.


AP World Study Guide
Will start this back up next issue.

Closing Thoughts
This was a pretty epic issue, all in all.
This will totally be my closing thought for every issue.

fin

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't wanna battle from beginning to end,
I don't wanna cycle or recycle revenge,
I don't wanna follow Death and all of his friends.

(Name of the album in English)

4 comments:

  1. Somebody still reads this and posts.

    Death and All His Friends
    Coldplay
    Viva la Vida (Live the Life)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out my new blog. Yeah, that's right. I'm doing something. EB characters on the way.

    http://mirrorshall.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another interesting read. You did a good job - yes, good job (not well job).

    ReplyDelete
  4. For all of those coming from Justin's blog, here's the relink of EB http://docs.google.com/?tab=mo#folders/folder.0.0B0cA8AVZs9EzOGVkNjU3MGQtNGI4ZC00MjMxLWJmYTgtNmZmOGRmZjQ2NTgz

    ReplyDelete