Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ecliptic Times: Vol I, Issue I, Book II

Ecliptic Times:
The Life, Times, and Happenings of the Sophomores of MHS
Vol I, Issue I, Book II
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Restart

Paper News. News that you can use.
Ok everybody. After a bit of a lengthy hiatus from real issues (not counting the April Fools one: that was all fake, guys!) I decided to start them up again. Don't expect updates every week, but maybe one every two weeks? We'll see. Anyway, you're probably raring to read, so who am I to stop you? Go ahead!

School Life
Let's see...

Congratulations to the winners of the class elections: they are as follows. (Only sophomores).

· Dorothy Van: President

· Celine Cacho: VP

· Cindy Ta: Secretary

· Corri Takeda: Treasurer

I have some comments on this in the rants and raves section if you would like to read them.

STAR Testing continues on Tuesday and Wednesday: Life Science, then Chem. Tue: P 3,4,5,6. Wed: P 1,2,5,6. Good luck!

Spring Break! Yeah! Everybody cheer! *Cheering noises*

Yeah I’m totally beat out by the Union in this part. Read that instead. It’s better.

Finally… are any of you guys interested in board games? I’ve been looking for some people to play cool games with but so far have only been kinda successful. If you’d like to play cool games with cool kids (Games like Diablo (Monster Hunter), a mini Diablo (Swords), Spore (Nanobots), Zombies and Robots in Aperture Science Labs (WZD), or dragon labyrinth fighting (Maze)), let me know! All of those games, by the way, are made by my dad: they all totally rock.

Moving on…,

Contests
I'll let you guys do a bit of voting here. Should the contest be continued for more time (i.e. you guys actually submit things) or should I end it here and start a new one or should I end it here and do no more? Your choice, guys!

So far, we have

Im in ur house eating ur food (Joseph)

Im in ur face stabbin ur nose (Justin)

Im in ur pantry stealing ur girl scout cookies (Christine)



Distractions. Links for the procrastinators.

Ok so guess what guys I have an internet now! If you don't really care, scroll down a bit to some other stuff you don't really care about.

LJ: Nothing ever really goes here.

Twitter: Sometimes I post amusing things. Sometimes I post non-amusing things. Sometimes I post nothing at all!

Newspaper: Infinity Paradox!!!!

Facebook: I will return, and my return will be totally swank. Or maybe not. Geez, Facebook is scary.

Anyway, some other cool things on the interweb.

As you guys probably know I am an avid follower of Ms Paint Adventures. Yes, this will take hours to read, but it is totally worth it. Especially when the creator does things like this and this. If you are too lazy to read the archives try reading this wall of text. Also I totally love the music, which you can listen to for FREE here. (If nothing else, check out the Midnight Crew album, Drawing Dead. Very nice). I realize you probably don’t care, but that’s your fault! Hah.

Story Time
Tune in next time for the start of a new story, involving gods, death, and some dude named Anubor.


Self-Made Graph Time
No graph. You can't graph if you have nothing to graph. Graphs are only graphable when graphable content is provided to be graphed. What?

Rants and Raves

Subject: Elections

Ah, Spring. The time when the poster-flowers bloom among our school in bright shades, with happy, smiling, hopeful candidates. The brighter the color, the more likely to attract attention, and the more likely to win that crucial vote that you care about oh-so-much. I mean really: winning a high school election? What could be better? Wait a minute. You say the posters don’t work? That people won’t vote for you just because you have every positive sounding attribute a person could have on your poster? What more could they want than someone who is caring, dedicated, AND hardworking?! You need those votes. So hop in your mom’s car as she drives you to Safeway, you’ve got some votes to buy! Or candy, rather. Or brownies. Or candies and brownies and cute little Easter eggs with “vote for me” stickers inside. The more junk food you give someone, the more likely they are to vote for you. Obviously.

Dripping sarcasm aside, I interviewed a few candidates. It almost brought me to tears. Out of the kindness of my heart I will withhold their names, but I am sure it will not change the fact that you, too will be crying for the fate of our school. I am making none of this up. These are actual interviews. And they will be posted tomorrow when I find the paper. -1: organization.

Interviews with the candidates..

AP World Study Guide

Will be posted for Ch 35 before the weekend. For Chapter 36 you get to use your book, so you should do fine. Also, I never got a study guide for it.

Closing Thoughts
Not much in this issue... but we're back on track!

fin

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"JUST slide some under the banthrom DOOR": Hella Jeff. (Warning: that site is messed up).

No comments:

Post a Comment