Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ecliptic Times: Vol I, Issue I

Ecliptic Times:
The Life, Times, and Happenings of the Sophomores of MHS
Vol I, Issue I
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is this?
This, my friend, is a blog. You've probably already figured that out by now. But this is not a blog of my life, not a blog of me whining and wishing I had more friends, and letting out all my personal feelings, or whatever most people do on a blog. This is a blog of the students, for the students, by, well... mostly by me, but there will be many contributions from you.

What will an issue be like?
The issues, which will for the most part come out weekly on Saturdays, will have everything: polls, websites, contests (where, yes, there will be prizes), important dates, test help, stories about student life... you get the picture. The best parts will be that which you contribute. See something here you don't like? See something you would like here? See a poll? Let me know! Also, for all of those who may want to, I accept contributors: write an article, submit it, and get it published here!

Why are you doing this? Also, who are you?
I'll answer the second question first. I am Ecliptic Hero, a sophomore at MHS. If you've gotten here, you probably already know who I am, but if you don't, find out! It shouldn't be that hard. As to the first question? I hope to be a writer when I grow up (crazy, I know), and this will be a good first step. In addition, I hope to be in journalism next year, and this will be a great way to practice.

How do I contact you?
There are a few ways to do this. One, leave a comment right here on the blog. If you don't want to do that, you could always send an email to me at dlibrande@gmail.com . This would be recommended for all of the longer things you might want to say. Finally, if you just want to say "hey I read that thing you put up lol" contact me on AIM: sn= Ecliptichero . For all of those wondering just exactly "Ecliptic" means, is is like "of an eclipse"! And no, it is not a real word.

Got any other questions? Got any comments? Just want to hate on me and this edition? Let me know! Any and all feedback is welcomed and encouraged!

Finally, I am hereby announcing the first contest! I am pretty sure about my writing abilities. Not to be conceited or anything, but I feel I write fairly well. So here's the deal: if you find a major mistake, and I mean like really important (not that I forgot to capitalize an I or something), be the first one to tell me. At the end of Vol I, which will be sometime around Christmas, the person who has caught the most errors will win 5$!!!! I am not even joking here. I am 100% serious. But remember, my closing comment is also off limits.

Well, that's it for the first issue. Regular updates start Sunday!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
where doing it man. where MAKING IT HAPEN

3 comments:

  1. im testing this thing here

    ReplyDelete
  2. "e·clip·tic (ĭ-klĭp'tĭk)
    n.

    1.

    The intersection plane of the earth's orbit with the celestial sphere, along which the sun appears to move as viewed from the earth.
    2.

    A great circle inscribed on a terrestrial globe inclined at an approximate angle of 23°27' to the equator and representing the apparent motion of the sun in relation to the earth during a year."

    soo... your title siginifies that the articles will be monitored a LOT?

    ReplyDelete