Friday, October 30, 2009

Ecliptic Times: Vol I, Issue V

Ecliptic Times:
The Life, Times, and Happenings of the Sophomores of MHS
Vol I, Issue V
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Issue 5
I have had to strive
to make

Contributors (Awesome People)
I am the only guy. There are no girls.

Paper News. News that you can use.
Have a happy Halloween, everyone!

School Life
Congratulations to PE teacher Mr. Zamudio for his new baby boy! I
don't yet know his name. Anyone out there know? I'll put you in the contributors section, but, sadly, no prizes.
I almost forgot! Epic Battle: The Fight for Supremacy welcomes new member Shivam Dave! He is just one of many kids experiencing how awesome this awesome thing is. We have two dungeons, AWESOMEZ, and leveling up! How awesome is that? Epically awesome.

Bragger's Box
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I got the polyatomic ions quiz right on my second try. Did you beat that? Tell me!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Contests
Uberfarmer has taken the lead by noticing my mistake last Friday. With 2 points, he is in line for FIVE DOLLARS.

Distractions. Links for the procrastinators.
Here are some videos about air quality and pollution. (Almost definitely!)

Story Time
Chapter One, part 1
It was a dark and stormy night as Jaroa, the changeling, stepped into the streets of Brookshine. It was different from when he had last seen it. It seemed darker, colder, and it felt like all life had been drained from it. The only building with any obvious activity was the factory in the center of the town. It was oozing black smoke, and looked cruel and unusual amongst the cottages dotting the main road. Remembering why he was here, Jaroa started running down the road. But his body started to undergo a remarkable transformation. "Not now!" yelled Jaroa, but he could do nothing to stop it. He teeth became fangs, his legs shortened, his body stretch, and he grew iridescent fur. For Jaroa, being a changeling, could change into any form he desired. But he was young, and in training, and could not properly control his transformation. So when he thought "speed", his body transformed into a cheetah, the animal he considered the fastest on Earth. As he sped towards town, he remembered the letter he had received calling him to Brookshine. It was from Daniela. It was from another changeling. It was from his sister.

Best Quote Heard on Campus
No one ever answered to polls, so I replaced it with this. This week's quote:
"Man, it's cold as Hell."

Closing Thoughts
I never have received really any feedback from you guys. I want this to be a paper shaped around your likes and dislikes, but it really just seems to be me. Please, if you ever have anything to say, tell me. I'll appreciate it.

fin

-------------------------------------------------------------------
We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind. Because your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, then they're no friends of mine.

5 comments:

  1. oh yeah?? i failed the polyatomic ions quiz 3 times................ OWWNED........

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, I beat the polyatomic ions quiz on try number 1, although I'm having trouble with most of them now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems as though Blogger likes to arrange things by months. Thus, I have decided to make a volume all of the entries in one month! As I said the contest prize would be rewarded at the end of the first volume, UBERFARMER HAS WON THE FIVE-DOLLAR CONTEST! New contest(s) on Friday. That is, unless someone can find more mistakes really fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm.. wow... it's been 5 weeks already, almost 6. time flies... and i is still your first reader!

    ReplyDelete