Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ecliptic Times: Vol I, Issue II

Ecliptic Times:
The Life, Times, and Happenings of the Sophomores of MHS
Vol I, Issue II
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's finally here!
Yup. The first real issue of Ecliptic Times is up!I know you can't wait to get to all the awesomeness that's sure to follow this intro paragraph, but... well... get right to it! I'm not stopping you! Most issues will follow this basic format, just so you know.

Contributors (Awesome People)
There are no other contributors besides me in this issue! As always, anything you want to say, let me know!

Paper News. News that you can use.
Sorry for getting out this issue so late, (especially since it's first one!) but things have been crazy for the editor staff today! I am thinking to start updating on Fridays instead, while all the fresh school gossip is in my head and I'm not completely exhausted from the weekend! But this paper is still in early stages; it's alright to have problems like that! So for all of you loyal followers, look for Issue III out on Friday!

School Life
As far as I can see or remember, nothing really awesome happened at school last week! Some minor things:
Epic Battle: The Fight for Supremacy is the new awesome turn-based battle game that has already started sweeping the school! For more information, or to join this awesome game, speak to me, Justin Vu, or Jeremy Westover.
Soccer Conditioning: For all of you guys that love soccer out there, conditioning for the JV team has started! While I am probably the only one who really cares about that, just thought I'd let you all know!

Bragger's Box
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The box is for all of you braggers out there? Think you got one of the highest scores on the AP test? Think you just did more awesome than some other guy and wanna let the whole world know? Drop me a line, and I'll put it up here. So everyone can hate you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Contests
So far, Joseph Ou is winning the contest, as he is the only one who has even tried to find a mistake, or at least the only one who has told me anything. Gratz, Joseph. You are going to win FIVE DOLLARS.

Distractions. Links for the procrastinators.
Here are some random yet awesome videos and sites and stuff that will waste the whole day away, or at least an hour.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz5dbs5zmo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csj7vMKy4EI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb2GmBkkaTU
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/
http://www.kongregate.com/

Have fun!

Story Time
Stories are for kids, silly guy! Not anymore, I say. I plan to craft an epic story, but will not be able to do it without your help! I have the basic plan, but I need a name. Give me a name for the main character, and it will be featured in the story! I know how totally awesome that is. Story starts next week!

Polls
Here is your daily poll question.
Who is the most awesome teacher at MHS?
It is free answer style, but I will only show the highest three results!

Closing Thoughts
What a lame issue, you must be thinking. Well, if you are thinking that, then it is your fault! Remember, I take contributions, I take comments, I take most anything you can think of! So send it to me and get it put in here for the whole world to see!

fin

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Is not looking at the explosions behind him.



3 comments:

  1. yay! i'm winning 5 bucks:D lets have a 3 word story, where one person writes 3 words, someone else writes 3 words, and so on! the epicness of it will be UNMATCHED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gossip is easy for me to get. Though, it more band-related than our-group-related.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratumations, sir. i'm undoubtedly impressed. the nerve to pull of an escapade of this much grandeur and fashion has rarely been seen even by my wizened eyes. The challenges remaining are forcing yourself to update regularly and accruing a fantastiche following (ad campaign?). Whatever the outcome, I am proud of you for making this hapen.

    ReplyDelete